Performers and Static Displays at the 2017 Northern Illinois Airshow - Lake County's Only Air Show
Viewers will witness great flight performances by the world-renowned aerobatic pilots. Eye-catching vintage military craft, such as the F-86 Sabre, will take the skies during flight demonstrations. There will be plenty of static displays to view before and during the show.
Families will love this value-inspired regional event. Enjoy food and beverages while viewing the amazing aerial feats of historic aircraft. Afterwards, kids can get their photograph taken with some of the brave pilots while adults can shake hands and drill the pilots with any burning questions.
Bring your family and lawn chairs and get a front row spot to our spectacular show. Don't forget your camera to get those stunning shots!!
9:30 to 5:00 PM - Helicopter Rides /$40 a seat
12:00 PM – Canadian and American Anthem by Mary Vineski Bayazid and Quad City Jumpers parachuting down trailing the American Flag and smoke. Aerostars to circle.
- T-28 Missing Man formation in honor of our 9-11 victims and heroes and in memory of local Airshow pilot Vlado Lenoch who perished in a P-51 in July.
- F-5 Passes (Jeff Kaney)
- Stearman known as "Big Red" (Susan Dacy)
Learn more about Susan Dacy - one of only a few females performing airshows in a biplane, and is the only woman flying exhibition in the Super Stearman
- Dragon's Fyre Jet Truck High Speed Run
Whoa! Check out their all new 1940 Ford pick-up truck powered by a General Electric J-85 after-burning turbo jet engine!
- The Hoppers L-39 Demo Team
Visit their website to meet the team and see photos.
- Extra 300 (Mike Vaknin)
Learn more about the Mike Vaknin who's style brings precision, speed, head dazzling Gyroscopic and high G maneuvers to airshow center.
- A1 Skyraider Flight with Pyrotechnic Accompaniment
- YAK -52TW Performance (Aerostars Team)
- Pitts S1S (Dave Scott)
- TBM Avenger (Brad Deckert)
- Military Propeller Aircraft Parade - Stearman, North American T-6, Beechcraft T-34, YAK-52, CJ-6
- SkyDoc T-28 Solo Routine
- Dragon's Fyre Jet Truck
- Jet Parade- Aero L-39 Albatros, Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star, F-86, North American (Rockwell) T-2 Buckeye, Mig-17
- F-86 / 2 Plane Demo
- F-86 / Mig-17 Dogfight
- T-28 Trojan Thunder
- A-4 Demo, Wall of Fire Pyrotechnic Display
(All Acts Subject to Change Without Notice)
Our prayers and thoughts are out to the family of Vlado Lenoch. He was one of a kind performer, that will be sadly missed.
Bags subject to random search.
Coolers are prohibited.